Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The first three days suck- My struggle to get over work out embarrassment.

I am officially over 6 months out after having a baby. Everyone told me to rest, and enjoy him and I KNEW the day would come where I have pounds to shed. Now don't get me wrong, I gained a LOT less weight during pregnancy then most people. In fact, I was underweight for my height through most of it and was being practically force fed ice cream, cheese, bacon, and eggs most of my 2nd and 3rd trimester. I breastfed for about 2 months, and often either didn't have time or forgot to eat. The weight unfortunately came later. When I had time to relax and breathe, cook, and stopped breastfeeding (due to my son's medical/developmental issue). 
I wont lie, I hate working out. In all honesty though, it's not out of laziness. I am just always finding something that needs to be done in the house. The housework never ends, and it took a LOT of convincing myself that the laundry can wait 40 minutes while I go run. What is worse, is the total embarrassment and awkwardness that comes from stepping into a gym or fitness class when you are TOTALLY out of shape. The pain/soreness, motivation, are to me easier to deal with then the thought of someone else looking at me while I face plant during Pilate's or cant get through the last 5 sit ups, or worse take a break after 10 minutes on the treadmill. So, headphones in hand I got to work at home. After 30 sit ups and 15 minutes of Pilate's some of my muscles (well a LOT of them) are on fire. I'm proud of my self. Then the shame and sadness come later.. only 15 minutes. I spend double that time to watch an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and well, that hurts my ego... a lot. I may be out of shape now, but I hope to be better in a month or so. No matter how insignificant it seems to others, for me it's a start.. a start I am happy with. Not due to the length of time I worked out, but due to the fact that my back, ass, stomach, and legs ache. I can do this, I WILL do this, because I am a woman, not an awkward overweight girl, but a woman. Let us break that down. Fe= Iron Male= man. I am Iron Man bitches, and this is for me. 

It's slow going, especially since some days I'm not sure where to start, but I will do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE REMEMBER! This is a FRIENDLY blog. ABSOLUTELY NO branch bashing (aka making fun of other military branches), NO cyber bullying, PLEASE RESPECT ALL OTHERS OPINIONS! DO NOT gang up on people on this blog through comments! This is ESPECIALLY relevant to posts involving parenting! Violators WILL BE BLOCKED from this blog!
Thanks and keep it friendly
:)