Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin!

Brace yourselves, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING is coming! The good, the bad, the unfortunate results of me trying to bake anything requiring more then 5 steps. 

In all of the chaos of pumpkin madness, some recipes make you go WTF???? I found one yesterday for curried pumpkin soup. CURRIED. PUMPKIN. This sounded really odd... but makes sense I suppose when you look at this map:

So really, I guess i could see it... but if you have ever had curried ANYTHING you would know how STRONG that flavor combination would be. I really want to try the curried pumpkin soup except that my husband wants nothing to do with pumpkin anything. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. The point is I am sure I'm not the only one to find some odd pumpkin recipes. It seems pretty out of hand- and I love pumpkin. SO if you find an odd pumpkin recipe you would like to share, please send it in to my e-mail and I will post it for others to also giggle at. 


One recipe that SEEMS fool-proof (at least for someone totally incompetent at baking) Is 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins. Here is what it is:

1 box of Duncan Hines or equivalent brand Super Moist type spice cake mix
1 16 oz. can of pumpkin.

Mix ingredients together (mix will be thick) fill muffin liners 2/3 full and pop in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. 

Of course, I found this on Pintrest so it is guaranteed hit-and-miss. I'll let you know how this one goes. 


Share your favorite pumpkin recipes, or funniest/strangest pumpkin recipes with us! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE REMEMBER! This is a FRIENDLY blog. ABSOLUTELY NO branch bashing (aka making fun of other military branches), NO cyber bullying, PLEASE RESPECT ALL OTHERS OPINIONS! DO NOT gang up on people on this blog through comments! This is ESPECIALLY relevant to posts involving parenting! Violators WILL BE BLOCKED from this blog!
Thanks and keep it friendly
:)