Saturday, September 22, 2012

exercise kick for the lazy/ unmotivated

OK, so i hate exercise. Let's all be honest, it sucks.If you are one of those people who think it feels amazing, your nerves are probably just dead and can no longer send pain signals to your brain. OK, just kidding it's not THAT bad. I really don't mind it too much. The problem is ( and I don't care what anyone says about "everyone has ten minutes blah blah" because I have an ACTIVE 6 month old and a ton of stuff to do all the time) I never have time to make it to the gym. I could exercise at home if my living room hadn't been taken over by a rug rat. I always think to myself that the activity and energy spent just on running around the house, the store, after the baby, and on walks it kills me to think that I have no way to monitor those activities.

Not too long ago I found a nifty little App for my Android called Nexercise thanks to Dr. Oz. This app is AMAZING! Especially if you regularly run and exercise. Not only does it track your progress and activity by the day, week, month, and for all time, but It awards you XP and Medals for activity. Not only that, but it awards you cute little things called M points.M points are sweet! You can save them up and get gift cards for places like Bath and Body Works, Amazon, Home Depot, Regal Cinemas, and Floral companies. You can also donate your points to a number of charities.YOU CAN EVEN ADD YOUR FRIENDS AND NEXERCISE TOGETHER! YOU GET BONUS POINTS WHEN YOU ADD FRIENDS! One of the coolest things I've done is signed up for the Wounded Warrior Project Challenge. You sign up for an amount of push-ups and sit-ups you are willing to do each week to benefit the Wounded Warrior Foundation, and earn points (and bonus points) while doing them. 







Some of the things you earn points doing (there is a HUGE list) are: Walking, running, sit-ups, push-ups, weight lifting, Pilate's, yoga, Wii fit, Zumba, playing with others (this can be anything from chasing after your kids at the park to sex with your s.o.), swimming (I do not recommend using the track activity option on this one), housework, and any sport you can possibly think of. These are of course just samples. The list that they have pretty much opens up any number of activities to get you off your bum and burning off that pumpkin latte from Starbucks. Even exercise haters like myself find motivation and fun activities from this app. I love it, I'm on level 3 after having it about a week. If you have an iPhone, its available at the app store for you too. Android's version sometimes has trouble loading your M points, but you aren't losing them, they will still be there when Nexercise wakes up from it's brain fart. 








Find out more here:http://www.nexercise.com/

Happy Exercising And Add me to you Nexercise friends if you have my Facebook info! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE REMEMBER! This is a FRIENDLY blog. ABSOLUTELY NO branch bashing (aka making fun of other military branches), NO cyber bullying, PLEASE RESPECT ALL OTHERS OPINIONS! DO NOT gang up on people on this blog through comments! This is ESPECIALLY relevant to posts involving parenting! Violators WILL BE BLOCKED from this blog!
Thanks and keep it friendly
:)